Saturday, August 13, 2011

Heading out


This is the first post of what I'm sure will be many - I'm off! My name is Ben, and I am an emergency medicine senior resident with the Stanford / Kaiser Emergency Medicine Residency. I'm headed to Liberia, Africa as part of the Johnson and Johnson Global Health Scholars Program. I will be working and teaching in Liberia at the JFK Hospital as part of the Health Education and Relief Through Teaching (HEARTT) program, designed to help meet the countries healthcare needs now, and teach the current and future generations how to practice emergency and critical care medicine.


I spent the past day going through my packing list and "wish" list from Liberia. Special thanks to the ED / central pharmacy and ED central supply teams for helping me get ready for this trip! Also a special thanks to my wife, Agatha, for letting me go to Africa, helping me prepare, and being a constant source of love and support.

Well, I'm getting ready to board - next post in Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment